Kingston will see an invasion of about 2,000 soccer players and their families from across Ontario and Quebec for the fourth annual Kingston United First Capital Tournament this weekend.
Games will be played on multiple fields at three venues in Kingston: Woodbine Park, John Machin Park and McCullough Park.
Each year, the tournament has grown, director John Nador said.
The first tournament, in 2016, attracted 38 teams. In 2017, more than 96 teams attended, and last year the number grew to 115 teams.
This year, 128 teams in boys and girls divisions, from U9 to U18 will be participating.
“What is particularly satisfying to the club and the organizers is the number of teams that are making their second and third appearances at the event,” Nador said. “Many teams have commented that this is one of their favourite competitions to attend.
Games begin at 9 a.m. Saturday at all three venues and continue until Sunday afternoon.